The Art & Science of Transformational Training
The Art & Science of Transformational Training
Become a Powerful, Congruent Coaching Style Trainer
Offered as a 3-day course on-site or 8 weeks online
The Art & Science of Transformational Training is a shortened version of Erickson’s Standing in Contribution: A Trainer’s Training program, highlighting the key elements of being a confident and transformational trainer. It focuses on developing your creative abilities as an inspirational speaker. During the program, you will step into a coaching style of facilitation that can powerfully engage your audience and team.
This course is about power, engagement, and flair! It is also about your own stretch and development as a transformational thinker.
You will discover how to create inner alignment with yourself as a strong, committed presenter. This includes learning how to align with others so that people feel deeply included as you speak or train.
Upcoming Program: June 15 - August 3, 2021 / Tuesdays / 8:30am - 12:15pm PDT/ Online
A rare opportunity to train with Marilyn Atkinson - the founder of Erickson Coaching International!
Inquire About The Art & Science of Transformational Training Now Download the Brochure
Who is this program for?
This course is for aspiring leaders running meetings, delivering presentations, and keynotes. It is also for people/coaches that wish to become facilitators, trainers and/or mentors hosting workshops, courses and training programs.
Please bring your ideas for a potential short workshop or program, as you will be designing, organizing and working on it during the course. It is useful to be familiar with some key practices and concepts of Solution-Focused coaching.
Continuing Coaching Education Accreditation
This course is recognized by the International Coaching Federation (ICF) as a course supplying a total of 24 Continuing Coaching Education (CCE) units (14 Core Competencies, 10 Resource Development).
Benefits of The Art & Science of Transformational Training for Coaches:
- Learn a multi-layered approach to being Solution-Focused in the context of facilitating and working with groups
- Discover how to build trust with a group and handle challenges effectively and creatively
- Move to the next level in your coaching business by offering workshops and seminars that propel interest in your work
- Learn how to step into a state of flow and contribution that extends from one-on-one coaching to creative design and presentation for a group
- Create a framework that allows you to develop your own courses and express your unique talents and niche
- Develop facilitation skills to promote your work and services as a coach
- Know how to structure a presentation and/or workshop based on your own content
- Apply the Ericksonian Principles and an interactive learner-centered facilitation approach when working with groups
Benefits of The Art & Science of Transformational Training for skills development:
- Establish rapport and a sense of ease with the audience
- Become verbally engaging so that you captivate both the conscious and unconscious minds of the participants
- Design learning outcomes that aim towards an accumulated learning breakthrough
- Design an effective opening that entices participants to learn and engage
- Apply easy interactive systems to summarize and transition into new topics
- Use appropriate humor and jokes to support the intended learning outcomes
- Create exercises, learning activities and assignments that are motivating, easy to understand and that easily facilitate the desired learning outcomes
- Design questions that engage the audience’s strong interest and start useful contributive discussions
- Apply methods that assist in answering learners’ questions and/or objections effectively
- Design workshop or program lesson plans that support and encourage declarations and self-acknowledgement of developing proficiencies
- Create and conduct useful demonstrations
- Set up unique ‘break states’ and energizers to shift the learner's state and renew learning engagement
- Use voice tone to enhance storytelling and maintain interest
- Create examples, metaphors and stories that support the learning outcomes
- Design an appropriate and memorable ending to the workshop or program
The program curriculum for The Art & Science of Transformational Training is divided into 9 topics:
- Learn the power of a coaching style of presentation and engage your audience into participatory mode from beginning to end
- Create strong rapport: Learn skills on how to set the scene, to keep interest, and capture your audience’s attention.
- Key Aspects of Empowerment: Discover well-designed strategies for preparation, rehearsal, set up and presentation.
- Linking Conversations: Establish the value of systemic thinking, applying diagrams, and using visualization
- Awareness and Perception: Learn about the flexibility of perceptual positions and how to develop ‘observer position’ as a trainer.
- Developing Effective Metaphors: Explore and utilize transformational and embedded metaphors and inspirational storytelling in your facilitation.
- Strategies for Creating Examples: Enjoy having examples on hand when you need them using accelerated learning methods.
- Learn to move beyond ‘content presentations’ into the process of truly engaging on all levels.
- Exploring the Group Field: Recognize how to bridge into the larger intention of the group and learn to tune into the ‘mind potential’ of the group.