Emily is an HR Leader, Coach and Founder of Rise & Learn Global, a Leadership and Human Resource consulting firm. She is the Local Partner for Erickson Coaching International through Rise & Learn. Emily is currently a Global Director with the International Coaching Federation (ICF) and also served as the Treasurer for the ICF Professional Coaches board in 2020. In the past she served as President of the ICF Kenya Chapter. For over 15 years, she has been a Human Resource professional and has worked for Kenya Airways and Syngenta & Jubilee Insurance where she served as Group Head of Human Resources. She is experienced in HR strategy development, Leadership, change management, Coaching, Career and organizational development having supported various countries across Africa & Middle East. Emily was most recently appointed to the Governing Council of Pan African Christian (PAC) University.
In her past career journey, Emily has been exposed to a multinational set up while supporting various countries – this enabled her to develop a global mindset and appreciate diversity. Some of the projects she has handled include HR strategy development, implementation of the Balance Scorecard, change management, Talent Management, Culture Change and organizational development in various countries including Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Zambia, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Turkey, Greece, Morocco, Egypt and South Africa.
She has previously served as a Council Member for the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) in Kenya. Emily was named Manager of the Year in 2014 during Company of the Year Awards (Kirit Dave Award) organized by Kenya Institute of Management. She is also a member the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM). Emily has been a guest speaker on HR & Leadership topics for various organizations including Marcus Evans, Access Business Management Conferencing International (ABMC), Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAK), Kenya Institute of Management (KIM), Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM), and Mercer (SA) Consulting. She is a contributor of the Journal of Human Resource Management by IHRM having written articles on Talent Management, HR Business Partnering, Reward, Change Management and Coaching. Her coaching clients experience spans across various countries including Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ghana, Nigeria, Ireland, UK & US.
Emily is married and has 3 sons.
- ICF Associate Certified Coach (ACC)
- Certified John Maxwell Coach, Speaker & Trainer
- MBA Human Resource Management
- Graduate of Tourism Management
- Diploma in French Language
- Higher Diploma in Commercial French from Alliance Francaise
- Certified in Personality & Leadership Assessments
- The Art & Science of Coaching, Erickson Coaching International
- Coaching Competencies for Leaders, Erickson Coaching International
- Professional Coaching Skills, The Performance Solution (TPS), UK
- Counselling Skills, IHRM Kenya
- Foundations of Leadership -Syngenta Global, Freiburg Germany
- Leading Leaders – Syngenta Global, Zurich Switzerland
- Job Evaluation (Hay Methodology) - Syngenta Global, Switzerland
- HR as a Business Partner - Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD)
- Balanced Scorecard Training by Kaplan organised by Kenya Institute of Management
- Exceptional Boards Training, American Society of Association Executives (ASAE)