Coaching Competencies for Leaders
Coaching Competencies for Leaders
Why a Leadership Course From Erickson?
Erickson has been an international leader in Coach Training since 1980. Over the years Erickson has been approached by numerous leaders looking for coaching techniques as an add-on to their already existing leadership skills within their workplace.
For this specific reason, Erickson has created the course Coaching Competencies for Leaders with an appreciation of the reality that leaders face today. This short but impactful course focuses on training fundamental coaching techniques applicable in both a one-on-one and team setting.
The course develops coaching competence as a leadership tool, resulting in confident and balanced leadership. By immediately applying the learned concepts with direct reports, peers and colleagues, the knowledge is transferred within the organization, and a coaching culture emerges.
Coaching Competencies for Leaders also allows leaders and their organizations to create a shift from a ‘command and control’ approach to an accountable coaching culture. Organizations and teams will discover and realize better communication, reductions in crises and conflict, meaningful employee engagement, more productive work performance and improved business results. The content and format deal with real cases and scenarios. Solution-Focused coaching is used as a fundamental tool to address these situations. Leaders from all levels of different organizations are welcome to participate in this program to deepen their leadership competence, share their knowledge, and grow with other exceptional leaders from around the globe.
This course is recognized by the International Coach Federation (ICF) as a course supplying a total of 19.75 hours of Continuing Coaching Education Units (13.5 of them are ICF Core Competencies).
"I would recommend that all leaders that need or wish to take a coach approach – across any organization – should take the Coaching Competencies for Leaders course. It’s a very wise investment. The facilitators were excellent. Very well paced, calm, considerate, inquisitive, definitely showcased true coaching capabilities. The tools we learned in this course made it clear how to move from starting a coaching conversation to action." - Cijaye D.
All on-site times are local.
All online times are in Pacific Standard Time.
Competencies that are developed:
- Solution-Focused and not problem-centered or blame-based approach to communication
- Listening: Actively and consistently applying the 3 levels of listening in communication
- Outcome-based objectives clearly articulated and defined
- Understands accountability (for self & others) and actively applies
- Alignment of personal values to work purpose, guided by clearly demonstrated personal code of ethics as an example to others
- Drives business results by aligning the people to the vision, company and individual values
Who is the course for?
Companies that wish to develop coaching competence within the organization, as a vehicle to:
- Support and drive the organization’s vision and strategic goals
- Shift and embed a cultural change
- Deepen leadership competence
- Foster a culture of excellence, accountability and performance
- Align and leverage diverse personal styles and values in goal achievement
Best suited for:
- Executive Suite
- Business Owners
- Potential Leaders
- Team Leaders
- Individuals in a supervisory role
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand when to direct, when to coach, train and when to mentor
- Use specific coaching questions that encourage new thinking habits
- Effectively and consistently apply the coaching basics - listening, asking empowering questions and following up for accountability
- Creating accountability models to support individual ownership and engagement
- Conduct constructive Solution-Focused conversations in a one-on-one and team environment
- Resolve conflict within a team and productively handle opposition
Coaching Competencies for Leaders is offered both Online and On-Site.