Life is busy. Some of us are juggling many balls. It is a common struggle to keep those balls up in the air, causing us to feel stressed and overwhelmed. This, in turn, might negatively impact our productivity and efficiency, both at home and at work.
It’s time to take a break!
When was the last time you allowed yourself to unwind, relax, or do something you love doing?
The 6-Step process below is called “Taking A Daily Vacation”. It’s a fun and effective way to integrate some self-care into your day and to start taking control over your personal wellbeing. Every step comes with some questions for you to consider. To experience the most benefit from this process, I highly recommend typing or writing down your answers as you go through each of the steps. The purpose of this process is for you to pursue something that you truly and fully enjoy, to take a break from the busyness, and inject some heartfelt positivity in your day.
Taking time to do this will help recharge your battery, improve your overall wellbeing, and boost your productivity.
- If I could take a daily vacation, where would I go?
Or in other words:
- If you could do something that you LOVE doing every day, what might that be?
- Imagine you were to take some time to do this today, how would it make you feel?
- If you were to do this (or something similar) every single day, how might this impact you as a person? What are the values you are living as you create this in your life?
- How might this impact your surroundings and the other areas in your life?
It’s key to choose something you thoroughly enjoy doing. It may be small, it may be big, it doesn’t matter, as long as it lights you up!
Decide that this time is for you to do something you truly enjoy doing, so you can recharge, boost your productivity, and improve your wellbeing.
- Why does it matter to take this time for yourself? What will it give you that’s even more important?
Limit distractions and put sabotaging thoughts on the shelf during this time. They will still be there when you return from your vacation…
- What sabotaging thoughts show up for you regularly when it comes to self-care?
Plan at least 5 minutes, and preferably a little (or a lot) more, in your day to do the activity you chose.
- Looking at your day ahead, when might be a good time?
- How will you remind yourself?
- What might get in the way?
- How could you overcome that?
- What other resources might you use to increase the chance of you following through?
While you’re vacationing, set the intention to be in the moment and notice what’s happening.
- What emotions come up? How does that impact you?
- What are the values you’re living as you create this in your life?
- What are some of the things you’re telling yourself in this moment?
- How does your body feel?
- What do you hear around you?
- What else do you notice?
Take a (mental) note of these experiences.
When you return from your daily vacation, take a moment to plan your next trip.
- Where will you go tomorrow?
Reflect on the questions in STEP 2 & 3 again. The best thing you can do for yourself is to turn this process into a habit, something you do for yourself every single day.
Share your ideas, suggestions, and experiences with us. You might inspire others to take control over their wellbeing!
We’re looking forward to hearing what your daily vacation was like.
- Where did you go and how did it impact you?
Check out some great free resources which will help you turn this process into a habit.