The Art & Science of Coaching
The Art & Science of Coaching
The Art & Science of Coaching is an ICF-Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP)* from one of the most recognized institutions in the world. Whether you are a leader in an organization looking to advance professionally by acquiring transformational coaching skills, or an individual looking to become a professional life or business coach, our International Coach Federation (ICF) program will provide you with the most comprehensive training and coaching tools.
By taking The Art & Science of Coaching you will develop a solid foundation in the theory and practice of Solution-Focused coaching. Discover how to help others realize their higher potential and to take action that aligns with their vision. Gain awareness about key factors leading to a meaningful transformation, and learn to apply highly effective coaching methodologies on multiple levels.
Erickson’s coaching training is offered both online and on-site, providing you with an opportunity to choose a type of learning style that suits you best. Offering the same powerful coach training curriculum and master facilitators, our on-site programs take place in some of the most beautiful cities around the world, while our online delivery offers the only true virtual online coach training in the world!
Upon completion of this Modules of The Art & Science of Coaching, you will have learned:
- How to define coaching as a profession
- How to establish and demonstrate a strong coaching presence
- How to use strategies for establishing intimacy and trust
- How to establish an effective coaching session contract (coaching agreement)
- How to apply powerful questioning techniques to assist clients towards solutions and effective actions.
- Use strategies to assist clients to create and streamline their action plan
- Listen actively to their clients listening beyond just their words
- Use visualization technologies for higher brain functioning
- Use voice tone and language structures for effective communication
- Apply approaches that encourage client self-awareness and recognition of their own developing competencies
- Apply coaching exercises to assist clients to prioritize effectively, organize their priorities and maintain the discipline to complete them
- Use processes to support clients in developing mastery of a desired skill-set over the long term
- Utilize effective language to challenge clients beyond self-imposed obstacles
- Apply various tools to assist clients to overcome productivity challenges
- Enable clients to access their deeper knowledge with specific exercises
- Use specific techniques to hold clients accountable to their action plans and to acknowledge their progress
- Apply a set of questions to determine the client’s motivational style and assist them to devise a plan to increase their satisfaction
- Utilize simple techniques to shift a client from a stress response to resourcefulness
- Use professional and respectful conduct as outlined by the International Coach Federation’s Code of Ethics
- Apply the principles of Solution-Focused feedback in evaluating self and peers
Module V (online delivery only)
- After completing Module V, you will achieve your Erickson Certified Professional Coach (ECPC) designation. This designation is recognized by the International Coach Federation (ICF) and is highly regarded in the coaching world. Watch this video to see how Module V takes your coaching skills to a higher level and prepares you for successful certification with the ICF. The next step is to apply directly to the ICF for your Associate Coach Certificate (ACC) or Professional Coach Certificate (PCC)
- This Module includes six (6) mentored coaching sessions with a Professional Certified Coach and/or a Master Certified Coach (certified by the International Coach Federation); 28 hours of coach training with a Professional or Master Certified Coach to help you integrate and implement the skills acquired in Modules I-IV; oral assessment with a Master Certified Coach
*Modules I – IV of The Art & Science of Coaching are recognized by the International Coach Federation (ICF) as a program supplying a total of 128 Accredited Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH). Module V supplies 28 additional hours of coach specific training as well as mentorship. Note: Completion of Modules I – IV of The Art & Science of Coaching fulfills ACSTH requirements only; Module V is required to complete the ACTP.