Lynn Skotnitsky is a Solution-Focused Coach, an adult educator, and a researcher with two decades of experience in development consulting in Canada and abroad. For Lynn, the essence of coaching is supporting people to shift from analyzing problems to focusing their energies on the results they want instead. This applies to supporting an individual on the road to personal mastery, assisting an organization to bond as a community, or empowering a community to draw on the assets of its people.
Lynn has designed and led a variety of workshops, group projects, multi-stakeholder consultations, and planning sessions for organizations, working in areas as diverse as health care, autism training, neighbourhood planning, governance, tourism, financial services, cross cultural adaptation, and professional coach training.
Her communication style is energetic, inclusive, creative, compassionate, and fun-loving. Participants often emerge from her sessions with fresh insights into their personal learning styles, confidence in newly-developed skills, and inspiration that comes from deep engagement with a community of learners.
Deeply committed to strengthening communities, Lynn has served as a volunteer director on the boards of non-profit organizations and participated in many committees and coalitions working in social innovation.
Professional Training, Coaching & Facilitation Experience:
- ✓ Okanagan University (1984), Continuing Education Department: taught Spanish for travelers
- ✓ Canadian Travel School (1987-1989) taught geography and 3 computerized airline reservations systems.
- ✓ Trainer for ‘Superhost’ and ‘Superhost Japan’, British Columbia tourism training (1991-1992).
- ✓ Dale Carnegie (Mexico City). Public speaking coach (1993-1995).
- ✓ Lynn Skotnitsky Consulting (1989 – Present) Coaching, Consulting and Facilitating for:
- ~ Center for Academic Skills Enrichment U of C Santa Barbara (1989-1991)
- ~ UBC International Students Center (1991-1992)
- ~ Head of External Consulting, training and development for a hospital in Mexico City. (1993 – 1995)
- ~ Erickson College International (2007 – Present)
- ~ Private Practice as a Leadership Coach (2006 – Present)
- ~ Numerous other facilitation, coaching and training projects in international, community and organizational contexts since 1989 in 5 countries.
Education and Credentials:
- ✓ MA in Adult Education, Organization, and Community Development from OISE/University of Toronto
- ✓ BA in Sociology/Anthropology from UBC
- ✓ Diploma in Business Management from Okanagan University College
- ✓ Certificates in Intercultural Communications, Facilitated Planning, and Advanced Interpersonal Mediation.
- ✓ Erickson Certified Professional Coach
- ✓ ICF Professional Certified Coach
- ✓ ICF MCC application in process