Achieving agreement on outcomes and goals.
The Family Coaching program essentially provides a model to coach families to assist them to achieve the joy, intimacy, and fulfillment they desire. This course upgrades the Solution-Focused coaching skills learned in the Art & Science of Coaching and assist families in the creation of a ‘Family-self’ framework.
Families then continue to use this framework on their own to develop positive listening, questioning and goal achievement.
The Family Coaching course is now recognized by the International Coach Federation (ICF) as a course supplying a total of 20 hours of Continuing Coaching Education Units. (12 ICF Core Competencies).
Like all coaching, Family Coaching is about utilizing effective question with clients, but with the specific focus of improving family dynamics.
- Introduction to Family Coaching
- Family Coaching versus other forms of coaching
- Promoting effective communication among family members and couples
- Identifying potential hidden problems and dealing with them.
- Supporting growth of the family
- Skills to get family relationships back on track.
- Interviewing Families and preparing coaching sessions.
- Developing family agreed upon “charters.”
- Creating and providing families with solution-focused “home work”
This course will return in 2016.
It is not offered to BC students and therefore not approved/secured by Private Career Training Institutes Association (PCTIA).
If you would like to be included in our placeholder list for Coaching Families & Couples, please call 800 665 6949 or email [email protected] to speak to one of our Enrollment Advisors.